In a world of apologists for the demise of the living world, Ecology With No Apology, headquartered at the Naeem-Palmer Lab Group at Columbia University, stands fast against the onslaught of ecology deniers.
Scientific Domain The saga of life, from the Big Bang to End of Fusion, and beyond.
- Never apologize for the truth!
- Eschew obfuscation!
- Do what you gotta do and stay fly!
Quotes from the many who obviously stand with us:
- David Suzuki, "I can't imagine anything more important than air, water, soil, energy and biodiversity. These are the things that keep us alive.
- George Carlin, “I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so fuckin' heroic.”
- Kanye West, "Our work is never over."
- Taylor Swift (on Mycoplasma genitalium, we assume), "I think the tiniest little thing can change the course of your day, which can change the course of your year, which can change who you are."
- Edward Norton, "People kind of – on a broad, grass-roots level – can get their mind around the idea of what deforestation represents as a problem, and they can get their minds around things like carbon-loading in the atmosphere and global warming, but biodiversity is a very abstract concept to people."
- Alice Waters, "I came to all the realizations about sustainability and biodiversity because I fell in love with the way food tastes."
- Jane Lubchenco, "...oceans are likely to be 150 percent more acidic by the end of this century. Yikes!"